After I find out AngularJS is just one of the client-side MVC frameworks, I wonder what the others are, which ones are most popular, which ones are most suitable for my projects.
- Comparison by implementing to-do list (written in early 2012)
- Even, a project (todoMVC.com) compares different MVC frameworks by implementing to-do list. You can find more client-side MVC frameworks that you may have never heard of at the website. The project is on-going.
Finally, is it necessary to use these client-side MVC frameworks? Well, it depends. Here is a blog that may help you think about the problem.
I am considering to use Java for web app development because of the job market. When I look for Java web frameworks, I find there are too many choices (and debates). I am thinking about just pick up one randomly, finally. But, here are some materials I read.
Java for web dev, or not?
Determine to use Java?
This is my portal page of Perl.
Create modules for distribution
- Komodo Editor (free); Komodo IDE ($295)
- EPIC – Eclipse Perl Integration
This my portal page about Eclipse.
What is Eclipse?
- In brief, an IDE for multi-languages.
Tips & Tricks
CPAN is a great place to avoid reinvent the wheel, but some packages are not that reliable or not easy to use or install.
- DBD::mysql. Follow this instruction. If you get something like “
Library not loaded: libmysqlclient.16.dylib“, see here.
- Interface to GNU Scientific Library Math::GSL. If you get lost at what the parameters are, read more in GSL manual, e.g. hypergeometric distribution.
- Getopt::Long and Pod::Usage make a friendly command with options and help/man doc.
- LSF (unauthorized!) – A perl API built on top of the LSF command line tools. I write my own version.
- local::lib – create and use a local lib/ for perl modules with PERL5LIB (PS: best way to install package when you are not administrator.)
- FIle::Basename – Parse file paths into directory, filename and suffix.
- Template Toolkit (TT) – website, book, and how to migarte from CGI
- HTML::Table – set additional attribute by
Tree manipulation: Bio::TreeIO, Bio::Tree:Tree, Bio::Tree:TreeI, Bio::Tree::TreeFunctionsI, Bio::Tree::Node, Bio::Tree::NodeI
- Perldoc server/mini CPAN: Pod::Webserver, Pod::POM::Web, Pod::Browser(Catalyst based), or CPAN::Mini::Webserver