Tips & Tricks: Simple and basic
- How to import text file to table with primary key as auto-increment (here)
- Delete all records from a table. (here)
- Add a column to a table
- Replace a column of data with another column from another table. If you have this error: MySQL error code: 1175 during UPDATE in MySQL Workbench, see here.
- Output MySQL query results in CSV or Tab format
- Export scheme with and without data
- Import and export individual tables
- How to get the size of mysql database?
- How to get the sizes of the tables of a mysql database?
- Unique values from a column
- Backup by mysqldump
- Shutdown. I start server from system pref panel, but fail to stop it there or mysqld. Finally, I stopped it by mysqladmin.
- What is dsn?
- How to do a begin-with query?
- Why a table is read-only in MySQL workbench? One possibility is no primary key. See here.
- Storing protein sequence.
More Tips & Tricks
- MySQL workbench (manual)
- MySQL monitor (command line)
- 20 design tips for MySQL enterprise architects
- MySQL reference manual
- [Book] Murach’s MySQL